$20.00/-
What has $20 ever done for you?
Well, apart from tithing, weekly offering and missions funds, I spent the best $20 yesterday, on a cab ride. And God did His fair share in strategically planning yesterday.
Though it was a long day, I've not looked back on the decisions I made. I survived yesterday on 3 hours of sleep, attended class as usual, rushed to a 5 hour meeting, rushed to Mandai crematorium and finally, to the airport. (When I say rushed, I really mean, rushed.) The day ended at 2am, where I fell asleep with my Bible open and the lights switched on. I was exhausted.
But that $20 I used from The Cathay to Mandai, changed my entire day. I was hesitant, tired and late, but one phone call was all it took for my heart to race and.. to get a cab.
My friend lost her dad, and offered to cover my cab fare just for me to be there. And $20 was all it took from me. I ignored my physical weariness and prayed so hard for a cab and God provided for me, in the crazy buzz of town at 4.45pm - This close to peak hour.
Because of that $20, I met part of my close school mate's extended family, her best friend, her church friends. And I only met her in May 2007. I don't think I've played such a big role in any school mate's life, ever.
At the end of the day, I couldn't stop thanking God for what He did, for what He taught me.
$20, gave me hope in despair, in loss. It brought joy in pain. It brought friendship and opportunities. $20 gave me all that, and so much more. I invested in people's lives, just because I made the decision to use $20, on a cab ride to the most dreaded and painful place.
$20 opened a door, and I doubt it'll close anytime soon.
What have you done with $20? We'd spend it on ourselves within the blink of an eye, won't we?
Though $20 did this much for me and it's unlikely you'll meet with the same circumstance as I did, the next time you have $20 in your hands, think about what it could be used for, beyond just you.
I want to learn to live beyond myself, and yesterday, was a start for me. Money just doesn't make up a central point, people do. And once I made God and people central, nothing else mattered. I may have been exhausted, but I felt so.. fulfilled, so blessed.
I may have been through a long exhausting week, but I've stepped out of it feeling refreshed in the spirit, prepared for more warfare and for revival :)
And it was all because of a God-led $20 expenditure.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home